Thursday 4 July 2013

Under starters orders

Today was my last training run before I tackle my first 5k on Saturday morning. A lunchtime in an air conditioned gym is a bit different to what I can expect on Saturday in Black Park, on what is meant to be a glorious summer's day, but I'm pretty happy with how I've progressed since getting on the treadmill for the first time in a long while back on 16 May.

For the first time today I managed to run 4k without slowing, and had it not been for the fact that I did not want to push myself too much before Saturday I think I could have managed the full 5k. I had plenty of energy in reserve and even managed 4 x 1 minutes sprints during my warm down. When I see that finish line on Saturday, I'll be looking to end the run as quickly as possible!

So I've got my running shoes. My Parkrun barcode has been printed and laminated. I've got a mate coming along to do the run with me (love you Shaney!) and I've got some change ready for the car park. All that remains to be seen now is can I convert my treadmill running to an outdoor timed event? I'm feeling confident, and will post results on here on Saturday.

Lunchtime activity 4 July - gobbles up breakfast and lunch calories
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment