Thursday 30 May 2013

One day at a time

Yesterday marked the re-launch of my diet. 24 hours in and so far so good. I stuck to three meals a day, avoided snacks and went to the gym. Repeat again today and I'll be a happy man.

I did think twice about whether or not to have a naan bread last night to accompany my curry, but in the end decided it was a no brainer. I did. A few weeks down the line when I'm hopefully a few pounds lighter I'll be looking to cut down on my evening meal but for now it is my main source of energy and needs to be robust, particularly if I'm planning to hit the treadmill every day. Yes, it was 450 calories or so that I could have done without, but small steps are required to avoid crashing and burning yet again.

So here I am looking to go again and make things routine. I've had my Shredded Wheat, my cup-a-soup is ready to go and my gym bag is taking up my footspace under my desk. Sometime later today the first hunger pangs are likely to kick in when my body begins to recognise that it won't be getting topped up with sugary badness. That'll be when my willpower will be tested.

The fact is I'm a lot bigger than I want to be right now. Maybe not as big as the chap in the screenshot below, but enough to feel unhealthy and for my clothes to be noticeably tighter than they were just a few weeks ago. I got rid of my 2XL & 3XL t-shirts a couple of years back and I've no intention of having to buy them again. Best stick with it then.



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: