Wednesday 4 September 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In - 4 September

My eldest began his first day at school a short while ago this morning and for the next two months I am a stay home dad with my youngest. No more Monday morning blues until the clocks go back. No more commuting in school traffic. It all sounds great and I'm grateful for the opportunity to spend quality time with the little one, but there are implications for my diet. No more lunchtime trips to the gym. Restricted opportunities to go running. Sitting dangerously close to the kitchen throughout the day.

Losing the regularity of working life will present a challenge. I'm going to have to install routine to my days to ensure I don't find myself bored and reverting to old habits. Sure I've got a beautiful nearly 7 month old to keep me occupied, but he isn't going to physically keep my hands out of the biscuit tin.

Coming off a long weekend at a Haven with the family, I anticipated putting on a little bit of what I lost last week. Nightly drinks in the showbar, sandwiches rather than salads, and no running since last Wednesday pointed towards weight gain. That didn't happen though.

No score draw
I've somehow managed to stay the same as last week, which is an unexpected bonus, giving me hope that this two month hiatus from the world of work need not see a reversal of weightloss fortune. I'm going to miss my regular trips to the gym, but will make do with walking to and from school twice a day, plus whatever exercise I can fit in during the day with the little one in tow. It looks like a nice hot sunny day, so may try to get some gardening done to burn a few calories.

So a new era is under way. With only 3lbs to go before I hit my target, it'll be interesting to see how long it takes to reach the goal under these different conditions.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment