Wednesday 25 September 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In - 25 September

One week on from passing my 15st 7lb target, and it would have been very easy to relax after months of dieting. I could have treated myself to something tastily unhealthy. I could have made a serious dent to the booze supply my gorgeous wife stockpiled last week when there was a pricing glitch at Tesco. But I didn't. I declined the offer of takeout on Friday night, not wanting to impair my running on Saturday morning. I chose not to buy something quick, easy and overpriced at Waterloo station on Monday and waited until I got home to have some lunch. You don't just need discipline during a diet.

Instead I've kept things going, the result of which is another 2lbs lost, following on from the 4lb loss last week. I'm now weighing in at 15st 2lb, the lightest I've been for 4 years.

Those numbers keep going down
I head into my debut 10k in better shape than I expected when I first signed up to it. I recorded another PB for the 5k last Saturday and look forward to the challenge that Moor Park brings this weekend. My colleagues and I are rather overwhelmed by the generosity our friends, family and workmates have shown in supporting us in raising money for the Lynda Jackson Macmillan Centre. We're now well past £500 and may yet raise a bit more. Thank you to readers of the blog who have donated. If you've not yet done so but would like to, head over to www.justgiving.com/teampcc

Whatever happens on Sunday, I'm proud of my acheivement. I knew the weightloss would happen as I've made a diet work before, but the running was new territory. I'm still learning and won't always get it right, but Sunday does not present me with any fear or apprehension. I've been building towards this over the last few months and have the chance to do something I've never done before. Bring it on.

In Autumn 2006 I weighed 24st and looked like this


This weekend I'm 9st lighter and running a 10k

Proof if you need it that you can make changes in your life for the better.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment