Wednesday 10 April 2013

Wednesday Weigh-in - 10 April

Despite the biscuits episode on Monday, things have moved in the right direction. As the picture shows below, I've sneaked back under 17st.

Poorly taken photo - in a hurry this morning!
I suppose I should be happy about this. A few days of porridge eating sandwiching the bad days have helped to lose some of the Easter excess. But here is the thing; I am currently heavier than I was at the start of March. I want to be making progress towards my long term goal rather than seeing my weight jump up and down on a weekly basis. For this to happen, I need to get things back under control for a sustained period.

The first steps to achieve this have already been taken. I've not had a drink since Easter Sunday. My plan is to have a dry Easter, which may get extended into May, though a trip to a Haven caravan park and its evening entertainment will likely put an end to that. The sheer thought of Music Mania and Anxious the Elephant has got me itching for an overpriced watered down pint. Back on point, the next step is to cleanse my mind of the sort of food I've been supplementing my diet with in recent weeks. Cake and chocolate are dead to me!

I actually bought some doughnuts today. I didn't get them for me, but for somebody special who'd had a frustrating day and was in need of a sugar rush. At no point did I even consider having one for myself. This is quite a difference from 48 hours ago when I physically couldn't stop myself eating cheap Lidl biscuits.

Moving forward, I have to get back my pigheaded stubborn streak that abjectly refuses food outside of my diet plan. It is what works for me and I know I can do it. Mind over matter is what will decide if my long term goals are achieved. Let the mentals games begin.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment