Wednesday 8 January 2014

Wednesday Weigh-In 8 January

Welcome to the first Wednesday Weigh-In of 2014! It feels like it has been ages since the last one, though in reality it has just been three weeks. On that day I proudly mounted the scales at the lightest I have been in my adult life as 14st dead. In the intervening weeks, Christmas happened and I well and truly let my hair down, with my 2nd January baseline putting me at 14st 11lbs.

In regaining some sense of diet control, I always expected to claw back some of the Christmas excess. I went back to work on 2 January giving the perfect opportunity to restore myself to a simple three meal a day routine, rather than dipping into food and snacks at any waking moment. I've been out running three times since Saturday morning clocking up just over 15 kilometres, which my app reliably informs me means I burnt an additional 1600 calories.

The result of which is pretty pleasing. In the last six days I've got back into 'Normal' territory according to BMI and moved in the right direction towards where I want to be with my weight.

6 days later, a much better morning view

Still a bit of work to do to get back to 14st, but I'm pleased to have dusted off the cobwebs and got the diet operational again. While it was good to relax for a couple of weeks, I feel so much better when I'm not indulging to excess. Let's hope I can stick with it.








Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment