Wednesday 24 July 2013

Wednesday Weigh-In - 24 July

After several weeks of non-movement with the bathroom scales, today has seen some action. I'm delighted to say they have gone in the right direction. The last few weigh-ins have had me at 16st 8lb. Today I am 3lbs lighter.

YES!
While I have been upbeat in my last few weigh-in articles about levelling out, I will admit there was a degree of frustration involved. Like anybody else, when dieting you want to see things happening to reward you for your efforts. I've had my running endeavours to keep me happy but to have had another week on 16st 8lbs would have been blimming irritating. So to see that 3lbs have disappeared in the last 7 days is both relief and excitement.

I've now lost just over 2 stone since the start of the year. My first weigh in had me on 18st 6lbs and a target was set of 41lbs loss to get me back to 15st 7lb, which is what I weighed on my wedding day some 5 years ago. I've 12lbs left to go before I hit my goal and just over 5 months of the year to do it. I don't want to be presumptuous, but that does sound increasingly possible.

My stint at daddy day care may actually have worked in my favour the last couple of days. While I've not managed to get to the gym, I have found that the fridge is my friend after all. My lunch and dinners have been heavily loaded with spinach and mushrooms, and bread has been removed from the diet. I don't attribute a 3lb loss completely down to this, but I can't discount it either.

So, it is with a spring in my step I go forward today. The weightloss is ticking along again, my running continues to improve (a 58 second improvement on my 5k PB on Saturday) and I've enjoyed a few days with my boys. Definitely been a good week.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment