Friday 5 April 2013

The weekend starts here

It is Friday night and after several days of getting back into the dieting groove, inevitably things are becoming a little more difficult. For most of the afternoon I've been trying to keep my mind from thoughts of take out and cold beers, and writing this now I'm pleased to report I've stayed away from both, but I know that the rest of the weekend will present its challenges. A working day provides distraction; a weekend at home means 48 hours of temptation.

I've kickstarted life into my diet by entering a post-Easter detox. Nutritionists would likely disapprove but I've been living off porridge. Not in the three meals a day sense, but close enough. Porridge for breakfast. Porridge for lunch. Proper dinner in the evening. Believe me by the time I get to eat at night I am ravenous! This is just a short term measure, to get thing rolling but it is quite effective and given how bitterly cold the weather has been this week, three hot meals a day has been very welcome.

How things will pan out this weekend I'm not too sure. Staying away from my 4 year old's Easter Eggs should be straightforward enough, but the lagers in the fridge and the Pringles in the cupboard may be harder to resist. One thing is for sure, if I do give in to temptation, I'll have spent the last three days wasting my time with Oat So Simple. Wish me luck.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment