Tuesday 2 April 2013

Love your mother, loathe their cooking

A Sunday roast consisting of roast beef, roast...
A Sunday roast consisting of roast beef, roast potatoes, vegetables, and yorkshire pudding (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
It has been a while since my last entry. Getting to grips to parenthood the second time around has been somewhat tricky, with the little one demonstrating nocturnal instincts. With time and energy diverted to getting through the day by any means necessary, both the diet and this blog have taken something of a backseat. I'm pleased to say though that my little nightowl appears to be warming to the idea of sleeping at a more respectable time for his daddy, and so I'm hoping to get things going again.

A restart after a week of Easter eating is not dissimilar to where things began in January after the excess of Christmas. I've enjoyed letting my hair down with a few drinks, inevitable chocolate and general unhealthy stuff and now I'm ready to focus on getting back to basics and get closer towards my target weightloss.

Over the past week, I've enjoyed the very best of comfort food. Nothing hits the mark better for me than a good old fashioned roast dinner. Given recent events and the preceding weeks of diet, I've not enjoyed a Sunday roast for some time, but then just like buses two came along at one. Last weekend I devoured my mother's very best roast lamb. It was always my favourite growing up and now that I get to taste it on fewer occasions, I really can't help myself when the opportunity presents itself. Needless to say, I finished my plate and went back for afters. Self-restraint just wasn't an option. I then went on to help myself to pudding. Lots of it. Not a good day for a diet but utterly satisfying.

On Easter Sunday, I was served another delicious roast lamb dinner, this time courtesy of my mother-in-law with a very similar outcome. My trousers are feeling a little tighter as a result! I've written before about the perils of social eating. Having exhibited utter failure to reign in my appetite in the face of Sunday roasts, I've come to the conclusion that to successfully diet, love your mother, but if you can't give in to temptation, loathe their cooking or at least avoid it!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment