Monday 5 January 2015

Workplace Temptation

Today was my first day back at work after Christmas. I had been looking forward to this as I thought it would be an easy way to stave off temptation from the bad stuff that surrounded me at home. How silly of me to believe that.

In my office lunch room I came face to face with a full box of Victoria biscuits and a multipack of peanut butter Oreo cookies. Are dieting cruelty goes, this was pretty harsh. Somehow I managed to resist, though my tin of chunky soup bought on the cheap from Lidl didn't really offer much of a safety net. It was edible enough, but 4 days into a diet and confronted with this, my will power was strongly tested.

What sort of dieting cruelty is this?
Thankfully the test was passed, though I've just eaten a bigger portion of chicken carbonara for my dinner than was probably advisable. I certainly feel pretty full tonight! On balance, it is better to have a bit more pasta than open up a can of worms by digging into biscuits. There is only one way that would end; badly.




No comments:

Post a Comment