Tuesday 20 May 2014

Skipping the Weigh-In

Rather conveniently I will be skipping the Wednesday Weigh-In tomorrow. I've got a busy start of the day, getting my eldest to school before running to get on a train to get me to an industry conference. It is probably just as well that I'm not facing the scales in the morning as the results would have been pretty horrific. Any notion of dieting this week went out of the window very quickly and I've contrived to eat and drink in quantity. Toast and booze being the main offenders.

I'm packing my gym kit with me and hope to make use of the hotel leisure facilities at some point while I'm away. It was at the same event last year when I got onto a treadmill for the first time in several years, and so began my flirtation with running, culminating in my first half marathon in March. Given I've signed up for another in the autumn I really need to reverse the decline of the last two months before I find my fitness has totally drained.

I wrote last week that I would be annoyed with myself if I hadn't been for a light jog. I've not, and I feel very annoyed! That said, I did run across the university campus and back yesterday, which both the knee and my back survived intact. It doesn't really count as meaningful exercise, but I was pleased this sudden burst of activity didn't result in pain. Hopefully the knee has fully healed and I can start thinking about racking up the miles again.

I'm not going to pretend the next week is going be in any way disciplined. The conference plus bank holiday weekend does not provide the ideal scenario to watch what I'm eating. It is going to have to be a question of damage control and then pick up the pieces afterwards. If I can re-kindle my running love affair, that may be the springboard I need to get things back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment