Tuesday 13 January 2015

Cake, samosas and The People's Front of Judea?

At the weekend I faced my first real test of the new diet regime. On Saturday evening, I was invited to my former housemate's 60th birthday party. I opted to drive to rather than break my no alcohol rule for January which saved me from calorific injection, but then I came face to face with one of the most amazing looking cakes you're are likely to see.

All about the Bass
When the cake was cut, I managed to restrain myself, though by then I had already ploughed my way through party nibbles, including samosas, which are a pretty big diet breaker.

For the rest of the evening, it was a chance to catch up with some old friends, and enjoyed the show from legendary local covers band The People's Front of Judea. As usual they brought their own unique style which seemed to baffle the staff of Cippenham Working Men's Club! If you're in the Slough area on Saturday night, they are playing a show in Burnham that will be well worth attending.



As for the birthday boy himself, he seemed to enjoy his evening. It must be said, if I am lucky enough to get to 60 I hope to find myself rocking out on stage to Gay Bar too




A couple of late nights over the weekend, courtesy of watching the NFL playoffs have meant I've started the week feeling tired and somewhat below par. Sleep is an important tool when dieting as your body will need more rest if operating on less fuel. Last night I was in bed before 11 which was a rarity. I think I may have to make it a regular occurrence to help me along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment